“Relationships: Managing Life Partnerships” (Part II)
Irwin Hall Theatre, Beirut campus
This is the second in a series of two lectures (the first is on January 21) organized by LAU’s Alumni Relations Office, as part of the “Keep Learning” alumni lectures program. The two lectures will address questions relevant to dating and marital relationships, and will also tackle their effect on professional life. They’re both open to alumni and the rest of the LAU community.
The second lecture will cover the following:
- What is a good timing for the first pregnancy?
- Do we have a healthy home environment?
- To which extent does the marital relationship affect the children’s mood?
- Is it realistic to expect your partner to change what you dislike after marriage?
- How much influence do family members/parents have on a couple?
- What could lead to marital infidelity?
- Is s/he having an extra marital/relational affair?
- Is intimacy at the workplace recommended?
- We have been friends for too long. How risky is it to become intimate?
- Should the spouses have a joint bank account?
Both lectures will be presented by Dr. Raed Mohsen.
About the presenter
Dr. Raed Mohsen is specialized in human communication and marital and family therapy. He is currently the Dean of Students at LAU Beirut. Prior to his appointment, he chaired the Communication Arts Department at LAU Beirut, and had his clinical social work practice counseling adolescents, couples and families. He had a tri-weekly TV morning segment addressing social, marital and familial issues. As a communication consultant, he conducted workshops and training seminars on conflict management and resolution, team building, presentation and parenting skills. Dr. Mohsen holds a Ph.D. in Interpersonal and Public Communication, a Master of Arts in Political Science – Public Administration, a Bachelor of Arts in Interpersonal and Public Communication from Bowling Green State University, and a Master of Social Work from Gallaudet University, where he also taught for seven years in the Department of Communication Arts.
As places are limited, please confirm your attendance to the second lecture no later than February 23, by contacting the Alumni Relations Office at tel. +961 1 786456 ext. 1136, or email@example.com.
Event organizer: Alumni Relations Office