The 3rd Nutrition and Food Science Research Conference: “Advances and Challenges in the Middle East”
April 12, 2018 9:00 AM
Irwin Hall Auditorium, Beirut campus
The Nutrition Program at LAU, in collaboration with the National Council for Scientific Research (CNRS), is organizing its 3rd Nutrition and Food Science Research Conference titled: “Advances and Challenges in the Middle East”.
The conference is a venue to present the latest original research from Lebanon and the region in the field of Nutrition and Food Science that aims at addressing the current challenges in the Middle East. Accordingly, the scope includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- Nutrition prevention and intervention for non-communicable diseases and obesity which are on the rise in Lebanon and the region;
- Nutrition and food policies to address the prevention of non-communicable diseases and obesity with a focus on childhood;
- Food safety and food security in line with the emerging crises in the region.
The program features two keynote speakers:
- Dr. Juana Willumsen, Senior Officer, Department for the Prevention of Non-communicable Diseases, World Health Organization
- Dr. Kathleen Wolf, Director of the Ph.D. in Nutrition Program, New York University
The organizers aim at exposing latest research, and evidence-based trends and interventions for the ultimate goal of promoting human well-being and preventing and managing these challenges, as well to open up the opportunity for further collaboration and multidisciplinary research between different stakeholders.
The conference will be attended by health and food industry professionals. Researchers from Lebanon and other countries are invited to submit abstracts for possible inclusion in the program.
Click here for more information on the conference.
Registration (free) starts at 8:15 a.m. Click here for the program of the conference.