Seminar: “Superpave for Asphalt Binders and Mixtures”
July 11, 2018 9:00 AM–3:30 PM
Frem Civic Center 205, Byblos campus
The Department of Civil Engineering at LAU, in collaboration with the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR), is hosting a series of seminars on Pavement Engineering tailored to the academic and consulting industry in Lebanon. The seminars would offer the following benefits:
- The technical concepts of pavement engineering will be introduced to civil engineering students and consulting engineers.
- The participants will gain good understanding on how asphalt materials are produced, designed, and perform under the combined actions of traffic loads and the environment.
- With the technical backgrounds on the latest technologies in Pavement Engineering, engineers will be capable of designing and maintaining long lasting asphalt pavements with excellent benefit/cost ratios.
- Introduction to Asphalt Concrete (AC) Pavements
- Behavior and Engineering Properties of Asphalt Binders
- Behavior and Design of AC Mixtures
- Gabriel Bazi, PhD, PE, Assistant Professor, Department of Civil Engineering, LAU
- Peter E. Sebaaly, PhD, PE, Professor & Director of the Western Regional Superpave Center, Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering, University of Nevada, Reno
For more information on the seminar, kindly click here.
There is no seminar fee, but advance registration is required since seats are limited. To register for the seminar, kindly click here.
This seminar is sponsored by the Pavement Engineering & Science Program at the University of Nevada, Reno, USA.