Alumni Lecture: “The Power of the Mind”
October 11, 2018 6:30 PM–8:00 PM
AKSB 903, Beirut campus
As part of its Keep Learning alumni lectures program, the Alumni Relations Office at LAU is organizing a lecture titled: “The Power of the Mind” by Hady Safa, PhD.
92 percent of our worries are useless. Of the remaining 8 percent, half pertain to problems we can’t solve, and the other half to those we can solve if we learn how. Scientists say that the average human uses only a small percentage of his/her mental ability. Many of us simply react to stimuli rather than thinking creatively. Our reactions are often based on emotions such as anger, hurt, or excitement rather than rational thinking.
Hady H. Safa is the founder of STANDARDS, a consulting and training firm created in 2005. Dr. Safa has spent his career studying human resources, change management, innovative solutions, leadership, and business development, and had successfully managed the human resources department of major multinational companies.
As one of the Arab world’s best-known motivational speakers, Dr. Safa is an inspirational and highly-trusted resource among CEOs, non-profit organizations and business leaders from all sectors in the Arab world. For two decades, he has helped hundreds of businesses and individuals think and act strategically.
Topics to be covered:
- Revisit beliefs
- Revisit values
- Be the scientist and the subject
- Use the resources TRIO (Time - Money - Effort)
- Focus on what matters
- Get driven by pleasure, not comfort
- Get rid of IBM Syndrome
- Learn - unlearn - learn again
- Be self-seeking
- Design your thinking
Coffee and refreshments will follow.
Registration starts at 6:00 p.m. Please confirm your attendance by October 10 at firstname.lastname@example.org or 009611786456 ext. 1136.
Alumni with a valid Alumni ID may park at the AKSB underground parking lot.