“The Environment in Children’s Literature”
Sage Hall G001, Beirut campus
The Department of Natural Sciences is organizing a lecture titled: "The Environment in Children’s Literature."
All are welcome to attend.
- 11:00 am – 11:10 am : Welcome and introductory remarks
Mohammad S. Al-Zein, Department of Natural Sciences, School of Arts and Sciences, Lebanese American University
- 11:10 am – 11:25 am : Increasing environmental awareness through children’s literature
Anita Nassar, Institute for Women’s Studies in the Arab World and Department of Education, School of Arts and Sciences, Lebanese American University
- 11:25 am – 11:40 am : From idea to book: Children’s environmental literature from a writer’s perspective
Fatima Sharafeddine, Writer
- 11:40 am – 11:55 am : The Environment in children’s creative non-fiction: “The Little Cedar Tree” as a Case Study
Salpi Simitian, Writer
- 11:55 am – 12:10 pm : In search of children’s environmental literature: Reflections on Dr. Seuss’s “The Lorax” and its Arabic translation
Salma N. Talhouk, Department of Landscape Design and Ecosystem Management, Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, American University of Beirut
- 12:10 pm - 12:30 pm : Discussion