Time Management and Study Skills – Beirut
AKSOB 903, Beirut campus
As part of the Professional Development Series, a presentation on Time Management and Study Skills will help students with the following:
- How to divide a semester
- How to read a syllabus
- Converting credits into study hours
- How to have a balanced semester
- How to use brain mechanisms to enhance the learning experience
- How to set a plan that they can follow
- How to establish goals and sub-goals
- What to do when they’re procrastinating
- Time management before, during and after an exam
Dr. Norma Moussally holds a diploma in Clinical Psychology from McGill University and has been the senior counselor at LAU, Beirut campus, since 2005.
During her years at LAU, she has helped countless students overcome difficulties and graduate. In addition to giving talks and workshops, she has organized awareness campaigns on topics such as depression, anxiety, time management, stress, eating disorders, relationships, succeeding at university, etc. She has also taught several classes in the psychology department.
Dr. Mousally looks to promote wellness and mental health by focusing on the strengths of individuals rather than the problem itself or the diagnosis.
She follows a holistic philosophy that seeks to help students as a whole by providing a practical framework that benefits growth and actualization, thereby enabling students to fulfill their potential in and outside of university life.